Saturday, June 13, 2009

My First 100 Mile Bike Ride

So last weekend Jalee, Denise (my mother in law) and I went to Logan to ride in a all women's bike ride for breast cancer. There were 2700 riders and it was an amazing event, with tons of food and music. It was so awesome to see so many riders. There were 15 mile -100 mile distances. Jalee and I decided to ride the 100 mile course (which really was 104 miles) and Denise rode 82 miles. The day started out pretty hectic with rain and cold weather and us not being very organized and ready to ride. Jalee went to cross the curb with her bike, that was filled with water and fell in to her waist. She was soaked, her socks and everything and it was so cold. I thought she was going to loose it, but she didn't and we got on our bikes and got started just a little late. On our 100 mile course we were in even in Idaho for 20-25 miles, it was really weird when I saw a sign for Pocatello. The ride was beautiful, along the mountains! Besides our morning we finished our ride without any wrecks or flat tires ( which was a huge fear of ours!!) We had tons of fun, and I would definitely go again! And we didn't take any pictures

3 comments:

Tiffany Morton said...

Sounds like it was a beast, especially for JaLee! That is a cool accomplishment for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Wow... I don't think I could do that. My legs would have been burning after the first couple miles. How have you guys been? I haven't seen you guys for so long. I hope all is well. Love ya girl

Josh and Kristen said...

Hey! I am peeking at your blog, and so that I am not a creepy blog stalker... I am just letting you know and I hope it's ok if I link on every once in a while. Savannah is so cute!