Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Salt Lake City Marathon April 17th 2010







Cassi and I after we both finished the race! What a great feeling!




Ryan at the Finish Line


Me at the Finish Line



Billy at The Finish Line


Cassi at the Finish Line



Jimmy at the Finish Line






We went out to salt lake the night before our race and all went out to dinner. We ate at an Italian Restaurant at the Gateway. Cassi brought us our shirts and they turned out so great. I loved them sooo much. On the day of our race we had people come up to us and ask us how we knew MarShel, and I was very proud to say that she was my cousin. She was such an inspiration to so many people everywhere she went. She always had a smile on her face even when she didn't feel very good. We started our race at the Legacy bridge in salt lake and finished at the gateway. It was so much fun, it was a great feeling crossing the finish line. Me, Ryan, Cassi, Billy and Jimmy all ran the half and Amelia, Tara and my dad ran the 5K. I can't wait to do another race. I love you MarShel and I think of you everyday. You are always in my heart! I miss you!


























































3 comments:

Brett and Diane said...

I've been wondering how it went I'm so glad you posted about it. I thought about you guys all Saturday. I love the shirts I'll have to show them to Brett. I think that's so special that you did that for MarShel I'm sure she was cheering you on from heaven and was so touched by you guys. Congrats on running a 1/2 marathon that's so AMAZING!

Paige said...

Great work you guys, that is awesome!!!

The Mortons said...

I'm so proud of you guys. Thank you so much for doing it for Marshel it seriously means so much to our family, I know that she would have been very proud =} We love you guys so much and I'm so glad that we have such a GREAT family.