Sunday, March 22, 2009

Memories of our dog Bailee
























Ryan and I got Bailee before we were even married when we lived in Minnesota in 2001. We decided we wanted a dog so we went to the pet store looking for a yellow lab. When we got there we saw Bailee just sitting in her kennel. She was so tiny only 2.2 pounds, and a ball of fur. We took her home that day. We took her everywhere, even on the airplane. She was such a great dog. She loved Savannah from the time we brought her home. She loved to be around people, go for car rides, go camping. She let Savannah do whatever she wanted. She would put a leash on her and go in circles in the garage. She was definitely part of our family. Last week I took her to the vet cause she was not herself, and not eating well. They drew blood and a CT scan and she had Autoimmune Hemolytic anemia. Her body was attacking her Red Blood cells and her liver was enlarged and her lung was collapsing. There was not a lot they could do, we put her on steroids hoping to help, but on Saturday we had to put her to sleep. We have had so many great memories with her, and we will miss her very much!!

















7 comments:

Brooke Mapes said...

Oh I'm so sorry! Our dogs are totally part of our family too! You think that it will be hardest on the kids, but it was actually way harder on me when we lost our lab! I actually cried 2 days ago because I missed her and it's been 7 months! So sorry for your loss!!

Chris and Emily Kennedy said...

Oh, Candace, I am SO sorry! I know how much you all loved Bailee!! I'm so sorry for you, Ryan and Savanah. I'm sure Brodee doesn't know what do do without her. I'm thinking of you guys! Love you!!!

Brett and Diane said...

Oh I'm so sorry to hear Bailee I know she was a huge part of your family.

Amelia Lewis said...

We will miss her so much! I am so sorry! We love you guys!

Tiffany Morton said...

That is so sad, I had no idea she was sick! I love all your pictures of her, especially the ones of her and Savvy. Love ya, Tiff

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry Candace! That breaks my heart, I know you guys loved her so much. I hope that Savy is taking it okay.

Tara Haase said...

Candace, I am so sorry. She was such a great dog.